Put into practice the following habits and start losing weight as soon as possible with the help of your pet. Go ahead and win in health and well-being! Do you have a pet that you love but have little time with? Have you noticed that you and your pet have a few extra kilos? Although it may sound weird, our lifestyle affects our pets. Discover how you can lose weight with the help of your pet. Many times we forget that it is not enough to love and feed our pets well. We must also dedicate enough time for them to play and exercise. After all, it costs nothing and it also benefits us.
Going out for a walk is the most common way to lose weight with the help of your pet. However, there are many more alternatives. It’s all about being enthusiastic and being creative. Our pet will thank us with much love and joy.
Benefits of Doing Activities with our Pet
- You will reduce stress levels.
- You will increase your quality of life.
- You will favor the production of endorphins.
- You will strengthen your cardiovascular system and that of your pet.
- You will tone muscles and take care of your pet’s musculature.
- You will help your pet to be more sociable and to enjoy the open spaces.
To enjoy these benefits you have to implement the following habits as soon as possible. What are you waiting for? You can lose weight with the help of your pet and be happier.
3 Habits to Lose Weight with the Help of Your Pet
1. Take your Dog for a Walk or Run
Do not you have the motivation to go out every day to walk and your dog destroys everything in its path? Obviously you need to solve this. In that case, you’ll love the first trick to lose weight with your pet’s help. All you need is to have a little time in a day and go for a walk or run.
“We recommend walking if you have not done any physical activity for a long time”.
On the other hand, if you have a large dog, we recommend that you run together and then lower your pace a bit. This is important for several reasons:
- 30 minutes of daily exercise considerably reduces your levels of triglycerides, blood glucose and maintains a good hormonal balance in your body.
- Exercise will improve intestinal transit and this will allow nutrients to be better absorbed.
- Your dog will release its energy properly, so it will stop having bad habits, such as biting objects.
The only thing you need to have on hand is a good pair of sneakers for you and a bib for your dog. We do not recommend that you take it tied from the necklace, since you can hurt it. It would also be good to bring a bottle of water and a small plastic container with you to give your dog water during breaks. Hydration is very important!
2. Play with Your Cat
Those who have feline pets can also benefit from daily walks. For this you can find belts and bibs (similar to those of dogs) to which the cat will get used in a short time. Establish a good routine and maintain it. On the other hand, cats also need you to play with them at home. Catching or chasing things is something that cats love. This means that they retain much of their hunting instincts. For this you can choose the following:
- Buy a small ball (or several of different sizes) and roll it to attract the attention of your cat.
- Get some feathers and tie them to a cord. Walk around your patio or around the room and keep the toy in the air for your cat to try to catch it.
No need to spend half an hour on this. The most attractive option could be to take small breaks of your routine of 5 or 10 minutes every hour or every two hours. In this way, both remain active throughout the day.
3. Choose Snacks and Healthy Foods
Another fundamental habit to lose weight with the help of your pet is to improve the quality of the feeding of both. For this to be successful, you can:
- Choose foods of better quality. For you, cook fresh, quality foods that include vegetables, fruits, meats and seeds. For your pet change commercial foods of dubious quality for foods of recognized brands or prepare your own homemade food.
- Change the commercial preparations for fruit and vegetables. The next time you have a craving for something sweet; opt for an apple with peanut butter. To reward your pet, ask your veterinarian what fruits or vegetables you can give and in what quantity.
Consult with the veterinarian before changing your pet’s diet. Think that fruits are for them like chocolates and sweets for us. They can be tasty but harmful. On the other hand, cooking your food can save you a lot of money and it saves you health risks. Follow these tips to lose weight with the help of your pet and thus enjoy many pleasant moments.